Saturday, 6 December 2008

Make Yoursel Recession Proof

By now we all know the effects of this recession, what with millions of jobs going in just a few months - massive companies that have been trading for decades are under threat of closure, and all of this is due to Banks making erronious commercial decisions.

Now - the banks have been bailed out by governments to the tune of Billions of tax payers money, it is now time for the banks to tow the line and reduce their interet rate charges immediately and lets get the economy growing again - and fast.

I really do not think that these arrogant banks who have got us in this mess in the first place, should now be allowed to do whatever they want, they have been saved from going under by the tax payer, now it's pay back time - the tax payer wants their expenditure reduced, the financial burdens reduced and security in their homes and jobs.

Governments must act now to, if necessary, enforce the procedures needed to have interest rate cuts passed on directly and IMMEDIATELY to the public.

It's going to be a bleak Christmas for many people this year, none of it their fault, this is not right and actions must be taken now to stop things getting even worse.

I am a pensioner, living on my state pension and some private pensions I had been paying in to for thirty years. Like many others who were prudent in their working life, I put savings aside to ensure my retirement would be reasonably finan cially comfortable. Only to find the interest from my savings is halved, the gas and electricity, along with food prices are through the roof.

I am lucky inasmuch as my mortgage is paid off, but I really do feel very sorry for those who have mortgages and could lose their jobs. It's not their fault this whole recession mess has happened, so why should they be suffering now.

GET THE BANKS TO TOW THE LINE - BRING INTEREST RATES DOWN NOW.

No comments: